How does everyone come up with titles for their artwork? I need to name them all by Monday and I’m struggling!!
So this is the finished page. It has the ‘repeating elements’ of week 8 and the 5+ layers of week 9.
This is what it looked like after the first 3 layers. I initially carved the feather stamp and stamped the background, then painted it with Inktense. Then I gelli plate printed over the top, and here I have added more feathers and stamped with an unmounted script stamp. I then messed it up a bit by printing with quite opaque pink over the top. So I printed with more white gesso and other colours, added yet more feathers and paint splodges and writing. I think it’s finished….not 100% sure yet. I like that I used my own handwriting loosened up. First time I have risked doing that and I will definitely do it more 🙂 I need to get a new dip pen which holds a bit more ink.
Okay so I cheated a bit. This is DLP weeks 5-7. That covers the February theme: Layers You Will Love! and the weekly prompts:
week 5: Art Challenge: Under Paper (paper on your work table that gets all inky while you work) Journal Prompt: What Lies Beneath?
week 6: Art Challenge: When Not To Stop Journal Prompt: “Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough!” (Ooh)
week 7: Art Challenge: Cover Up Good Stuff Journal Prompt: Going Undercover
So I might need to explain a bit! I used some gelli plate prints which were lovely (the good stuff, week 7) but were also only useful as a background really (under paper, week 5, I know stretching it a bit, but I ripped up the 2 prints into strips, so it really was from scraps). I layered and layered including the following materials: 2 gelli prints, Inktense blocks, gesso (multiple layers), patterned tissue paper, brayered on layers of acrylic, Possibly some distress stain (can’t remember), layers of embossing powder and obviously alphabet stamps. There were a few occasions when I wasn’t happy with it. So I just added more gesso and then more layers (week 6, when not to stop).
What I might do with the next one is to take photos/scans and show in stages how I did it. Let me know if you’d like to see that 🙂
So I forgot to take photos once it was finished (I finished it the night before I was leaving to travel to the wedding location and had to leave it to dry) so the only one I have is before I stuck it to the paper background and stuck that to the lid of the box! Hopefully she will take some photos for me at some point.
I designed created the design and imported it into the Silhouette Cameo to cut it and the background paper is monoprinted using a brayer and acrylic paint.
I’ve been playing around even more with my plate formula and I think I have finally tackled the stickiness issue!
This one is just a straight-forward print. Not sure whether I like the roller marks or not!
This one is a paper stencil I’d used in various other prints used over a straight-forward printed background. I think it would make a good art journal background.
This one is a ghost print of a stenciled print.
I have had a lot of fun playing around. I have so many prints now, I should work out what to do with them really!