Brushos and Gorjuss

hello card front

I have some lovely Santoro stamps, but I never know what to do with them that’s a bit different. I thought I’d try using it with one of my messy Brusho watercolour background. I drew over some of the lines to make them darker so it stands out a bit more. Again I’m going to make it into a card at some stage. Nice and simple!

RFC

x

 

Advertisements

Playing with Brushos

Live the life youve imagined

So I took some of the backgrounds I created with my Brushos and used some of my arty stamps (Tim Holtz, Papermania and Stampendous). Often I create cards for specific occasions, but I think these will just be random ones. I haven’t yet made the first one into an actual card, but I will when I have the right card blank!

brusho card

Hope you like them!

I have a load more experiments so I’ll do a few posts over the next few day!

RFC

x

Documented Life Project Weeks 8-9

DLP weeks 8-9

So this is the finished page. It has the ‘repeating elements’ of week 8 and the 5+ layers of week 9.

DLP week 8 layers 1-3 copy

 

This is what it looked like after the first 3 layers. I initially carved the feather stamp and stamped the background, then painted it with Inktense. Then I gelli plate printed over the top, and here I have added more feathers and stamped with an unmounted script stamp. I then messed it up a bit by printing with quite opaque pink over the top. So I printed with more white gesso and other colours, added yet more feathers and paint splodges and writing. I think it’s finished….not 100% sure yet. I like that I used my own handwriting loosened up. First time I have risked doing that and I will definitely do it more 🙂 I need to get a new dip pen which holds a bit more ink.

Documented Life Projects Weeks 5-7

DLP weeks 5-7

Okay so I cheated a bit. This is DLP weeks 5-7. That covers the February theme: Layers You Will Love! and the weekly prompts:

week 5:  Art Challenge:  Under Paper (paper on your work table that gets all inky while you work)  Journal Prompt:  What Lies Beneath?

week 6: Art Challenge:  When Not To Stop  Journal Prompt:  “Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough!” (Ooh)

week 7: Art Challenge:  Cover Up Good Stuff  Journal Prompt:  Going Undercover

So I might need to explain a bit! I used some gelli plate prints which were lovely (the good stuff, week 7) but were also only useful as a background really (under paper, week 5, I know stretching it a bit, but I ripped up the 2 prints into strips, so it really was from scraps). I layered and layered including the following materials: 2 gelli prints, Inktense blocks, gesso (multiple layers), patterned tissue paper, brayered on layers of acrylic, Possibly some distress stain (can’t remember), layers of embossing powder and obviously alphabet stamps. There were a few occasions when I wasn’t happy with it. So I just added more gesso and then more layers (week 6, when not to stop).

What I might do with the next one is to take photos/scans and show in stages how I did it. Let me know if you’d like to see that 🙂

 

Documented Life Project Week 4: Words With Friends

friends week 4

 

So this is my 4th page. I may have overdone the brightness and contrast, it’s not quite so bright in real life! This one is less ‘painterly’ than my other art journal pages, so I might eventually move it to a different art journal. I do like it. Whether it is ‘finished’ or not I am not sure yet. I sketched the girls out, then painted them and added the heads to the background after which I painted on the shoulders. It was my first proper attempt at hand drawn text. I think the text could be neater, but I quite like it. My scanner is not quite big enough to get the whole page, which is why the end of the writing is missed off.

 

 

The Documented Life Project Week 3 – The Colour Wheel

colour wheel

This is my attempt at DLP week three, using book pages (or in my case patterned tissue paper and gesso. I used handmade stamps to put coloured shapes in the background and covered over with gesso (actually it was white emulsion). Apologies that the centre is unclear, it didn’t scan too well where all the strings are! I stamped in black archival on all the individually painted mini tags. I’m quite pleased with it. Not every thing is perfect, but it has a neatness to it that I don’t normally have in my art.