Brushos and Gorjuss

hello card front

I have some lovely Santoro stamps, but I never know what to do with them that’s a bit different. I thought I’d try using it with one of my messy Brusho watercolour background. I drew over some of the lines to make them darker so it stands out a bit more. Again I’m going to make it into a card at some stage. Nice and simple!

RFC

x

 

Advertisements

Playing with Brushos

Live the life youve imagined

So I took some of the backgrounds I created with my Brushos and used some of my arty stamps (Tim Holtz, Papermania and Stampendous). Often I create cards for specific occasions, but I think these will just be random ones. I haven’t yet made the first one into an actual card, but I will when I have the right card blank!

brusho card

Hope you like them!

I have a load more experiments so I’ll do a few posts over the next few day!

RFC

x

Distress Oxide Cards

happy birthday 2Soooo excited that some of my Distress Oxides have arrived. Sadly the ‘Twisted Citron’ I ordered will be a month late being delivered 😦 so I have to wait until the end of August!

craft haul

So I used ‘Wilted Violet’ and ‘Cracked Pistachio’ to make a couple of cards.

Step 1: I firstly went round the edge of each card, blending in a border of one of the Oxide colours with a small piece of Ranger Cut n Dry Foam (Wilted Violet for the chevrons card and Cracked Pistachio for the flower card.

Step 2: Next I laid over a stencil and sponged through one colour then the other. For the flower card, I used two different stencils. All designs came from stencils cut using Silhouette Cameo designs (I’ll see if I can find the names of the designers so I can credit them properly).

Step 3: With the stencil still in place, I tapped over a bit of dry pewter Pixie Powder.

Step 4: I sprayed lightly with water and removed the stencil.

Step 5: Then once it was dry,I flicked water droplets all over and after about 10 seconds Idabbed it off with kitchen roll.

Step 6: Then once it was dry I ran the other colour of Oxide around the very edges.

Step 7: I wanted to add words.

For the chevrons card, I tried using Crafter’s Companion foil and transfers, but it didn’t work and looked a mess. I had to rescue it by using a sparkly purple gel pen!

For the flowers one I used a rubber stamp, but it didn’t print perfectly, so I recruited the same sparkly pen!

Oh I need to get better at doing the writing on cards!

Step 8: I ummed and ahhed and decided to risk adding an accent of Nuvo Crystal Drops (Violet Galaxy) on the flower card. Luckily I didn’t mess it up!

happy birthday close up2

flower card 2

close up flower 2

I hope you like them. My aim was to stick to something simple for a change!

RFC