Gel Plate Prints 3

I’ve been playing around even more with my plate formula and I think I have finally tackled the stickiness issue!

squares print 1

squares print detailThis print was done using a piece of cardboard I had used modelling paste onto with squares stamped into it. The second image is just a close up to show the texture.

gelli print

This one is just a straight-forward print. Not sure whether I like the roller marks or not!

 

gelli print background

This one is a paper stencil I’d used in various other prints used over a straight-forward printed background. I think it would make a good art journal background.

 

gelli print stenciled

 

This one is a ghost print of a stenciled print.

I have had a lot of fun playing around. I have so many prints now, I should work out what to do with them really!

 

Advertisements

Gel Plate Attempt 2

Gelli Plate Attempt 2

music notes print 1

cogs print 1Okay so the prints work, that’s good, but some of them are still a little sticky and I’m trying to work out why. I added a bit more water, but I think it still might be the glycerin. I’ve re-melted it and added a bit more water so we’ll see if it actually sets okay now! And if so, is it still sticky? Anyway these are some of the (many) prints from this print run!

If anyone has any ideas about the gel mixture, let me know!

DIY Gelli Plate: Attempt 1

Ghost print 1ghost print 2Well I had a go at making my own gelli plate. BUT I accidentally put too much glycerin in it. It printed perfectly, but the prints remained a bit sticky….hmm, I have tried to rectify this by melting it down and adding a splash more water…just waiting for it to set….fingers crossed! If not, I might need to go get some more gelatine!

My New Art Journal

New Art Journal

cover detail

I was at ‘The Range’ the other day, having gone to have a browse and maybe pick up a smash journal.  I wanted to buy a made up journal to use, as the sketchbook I’m using is a bit awkward, because you can’t take the pages out to work on them and the 3D elements mean that rubber stamping is tricky. I was so chuffed to find one of the Madam Payraud journals for £2, because it was missing the packaging and I snapped it up straight away.

I’ve decorated it by adding ribbons, lace, a friendly plastic embellishment and some text I printed out on my printer.