Well I have been kindly nominated for a ‘Sunshine Award’ by http://craftcreateconnect.com/. Thanks very much! It’s nice to know someone likes my blog 🙂
I thought I’d do an art journal spread inspired by it. I’m not sure I am 100% happy with it, but I’ll leave it for now and have a think about it!
1. Share 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions that were asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Include 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
4. Notify your nominees about this post.
My 11 facts:
- I am an identical twin.
I have completed 2 degrees (one in Illustration, one in Speech and Language Therapy).
I wanted to be an Illustrator until I got to the 3rd year of uni and then I decided I’d rather do art for pleasure.
4. I live in the UK.
- I believe that variety is the spice of life!
I love cats (although mine is more like a toddler).
I’ve lived in 6 different places in the UK and one abroad (Qatar).
I also write poetry when the mood takes me and I’d like to write a novel at some point (or actually just finish one!).
I share my love of all things arty with my Mum.
I’d much rather buy loads of craft stuff than clothes!
I love reading novels, fantasy novels in particular – my favourite author is Robin Hobb.
The questions I was asked were:
1) Let’s start with something important… White, Milk or Dark Chocolate?
Gotta be white! I particularly like those little Kinda bars! Although not too many or I’ll feel sick!
2) Coffee or Tea (or something totally different?)
Both! Daily! I love home brewed tea and coffee-shop-bought lattes 🙂
3) Where do you find your inspiration?
Ohhh good question! Not sure if you mean life inspiration, or craft inspiration!? As I’m not really into spirituality we’ll assume ‘craft’. I like the web, youtube videos, Tumblr, Wodpress and other blogs. I just search for stuff I like to do myself and I love to try out new techniques etc. I also have a nosy at what my Mum is up to!
4) Monday mornings… love em or loathe them?
I have no set schedule so I am indifferent 🙂
5) What is it that keeps you blogging?
Hmmmm recording my work mostly. As I don’t sell stuff, it’s a nice way to share it!
6) Curl up on the couch or night on the town?
Couch! The novelty of a night on the town has worn off!
7) Who would you say is your hero?
Not sure I have a hero as such.I like to be an individual and work towards my own goals. I admire anyone who never gives up!
8) Best film of all time?
I like lots of films for different reasons. I like a film called ‘The Secret Life of Bees’ a lot.
9) How would you describe yourself in 10 words or less?
Hmmmm, outgoing, friendly, creative, inventive and always experimenting!!
10) Do you have a job not associated with your blog? If so, what is it?
Well I am currently looking for work as a Speech and Language Therapist!
11) Where else can we find and follow you?
I’m on Tumblr http://chocolatebutterfly99.tumblr.com/. I prefer to keep my identity anonymous so I am not restrained by it.
Now I know it takes quite a lot of time to answer the questions and do the nominations, so if I nominate you and it’s not your thing, don’t feel obliged to take part, it just seemed something fun to do and a nice way to share inspiration in the blogging world 🙂
My nominations are (in no particular order):
getting my art journaling groove on….
Atrful Fancies By Melita Bloomer
Restoring ‘normality’ in amongst my stroke highs & lows!
- Bebe Butler
Rising in art, life, love, etc…
ephemera * jewelry * adorableness
An art filled journey